hi, please read task. no plagirism and follow formalities. due Saturday 15 of January. check the rubrics for any doubt.
BCO 214 PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT Task brief & rubrics
· This is an individual task.
· The task focuses on areas studied to date, requiring you to show knowledge and application in the parts stated.
· You should upload a single, correctly formatted document which may also include any relevant tables and diagrams
A Company produces tables
For producing one table, we must manufacture and cut (internally) the top (1 m3 wood) and the four legs (0,1 m3 wood each) and for the final assembly we will take these five parts as well 5 screws type A, 10 screws type B and 15 nuts type C per table.
Wood, screws and nuts are bought to an external supplier
1) Describe the BOM
2) Show an MRP for producing 100 tables considering that
a) Delivery time for screws and nuts is one week
b) Deliver time for Wood: 3 weeks
c) Lead time for producing boards and legs is two weeks
d) Final Assembly time: 1 week
e) We must deliver the tables in 6 weeks from now on
CASE PREMIUM PAPER (50%)
Company “Premium Paper” is located near Paris. The design and print paper for furniture applications (usually called melamine paper). Production process consists on printing raw paper. Raw paper is delivered in big rolls (700 Kgs). Production process is done in multi-stage printing machines. Each stage of the machine contains an engraved cylinder and ink. Paper runs on the different stages and the combination of all of them provides the final printed paper.
Set up times in these machines are very long (3/4 hours). This means that every time the process is stopped because of any technical issue, the costs can be enormous.
Premium paper has 6 printing lines (3 “Stoner” Machines , 2 “Rotomec” Machines and 1 “Grimaldi” Machine (the oldest one)
Premium Paper has a highly experienced maintenance team. Every time a machine suffers a breakdown they run and try to fix it as soon as possible. However due to some unexpected failures and lack of spare parts, “Premium Paper” is suffering very serious productivity problems.
· How should you define the maintenance process?
· Which changes should you implement in terms of maintenance?
· Which recommendations should you address to the Top Management with respect the machines park?
· Wordcount: 1.500 words (for the case)
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded from the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· Harvard style in-text citations and bibliography
Submission: – Via Moodle (Turnitin). Week 13 January 16th by 23.59 CEST
Weight: This task is a 40 % of your total grade for this subject.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
· understand the production management within operation management;
· describe operations processes design and their management to contextualize and improve production performance;
· assess lay out design and evaluate facility location;
· evaluate how to elaborate a master production schedule (MRS) and material requirement planning (MRP);
· understand quality control components and measures;
· understand production in the global setting.
Demonstrates exceptional knowledge and understanding of key concepts.
Demonstrate good knowledge and understanding of key concepts-
The report demonstrates a satisfactory level of knowledge and understanding of key concepts at this basic level.
Demonstrates limited knowledge and understanding of the key concepts.
Demonstrates extremely poor knowledge and lack of understanding of the key concepts.
All analytical tools studied are applied very well and highly relevant insight is drawn from them.
Most analytical studied tools are applied well and relevant insight is drawn from them.
Some analytical tools studied are applied well although there may be some minor misunderstandings. Some relevant insight may be drawn.
Some misunderstandings may be in evidence for one or two tools. Limited insight drawn from analysis.
There is almost no attempt to apply tools
There is exceptional evidence of evaluation and justification of recommendations
There is some good evidence of evaluations of concepts and justification of recommendations
There is some evidence of evaluation of the concepts and justification of recommendations
There is little evidence of evaluation of concepts and justification of recommendations
There is no virtually no evidence of evaluation of concepts and justification of recommendations
The management report is communicated extremely coherently, and referencing is accurate throughout
The management report is communicated quite clearly, and referencing is fairly accurate but there are some issues in terms of spelling and structure
The management report communicates the ideas in a mostly coherent way but there are some errors and some errors in referencing which are not accurate
The management report is understandable but is communicated poorly and referencing is inaccurate
The management report is extremely poor in terms of referencing (inaccurate or absent) and tends to be incoherent or insufficient (length) in terms of conveying ideas