principles of business management
- What is a challenge to reporting to more than one manager in a matrix organization? What might be a benefit?
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of being employed by a boundary-less organization?
- What is the main cost of maintaining an organizational learning environment? What is the greatest benefit?
- Which kind of organization would you like to work for? Why?
It will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Describe the challenges and benefits of the matrix organization
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of a boundary-less organization
- Describe the main benefit and cost of an organizational learning environment
- Explain which kind of organization the student would like to work for
- Writing is clear. Used appropriate grammar and writing to express ideas. References (if used) were cited properly.
- 2 pages in length, not including the title and reference pages.
- All references cited in APA format, with a source list.
Cite references, using APA format,
Reflect on the section Planning and Executing Change Effectively, in Chapter 7 of the text. Summarize the key steps in planning and executing change in a 500 word journal entry.
In Chapter 7 of the text, there are several forces for organizational change: workplace demographics, technology, globalization, market conditions, growth, and poor performance.
- Based on your personal or professional experience, provide an example of when one of these forces caused an organization to change.
- Why did it cause this change? What was the result?
- What resistance to the change occurred, if any? How was the resistance (if any) overcome?
Please answer in 150 words or more. Use your own words – please do not copy and paste from a website. Be sure to reference your sources.