For this assignment, you will explore one workplace equity or inclusion issue for a non-dominant group. Dominant identities “historically had and currently have more
resources and influence
” compared to non-dominant identities. Select one non-dominant identity group for the project such as gender, race, physical and mental abilities, religion, or sexual orientation.
Session Long Project Resources
The Elusive Inclusive Workplace
Understanding Organizational Barriers to a More Inclusive Workplace
What It Means to Create a Trans-inclusive Workplace
Most U.S. Managers Not Fully Prepared to Talk About Race
A Call to Action for America’s CEOs: Show Your Commitment to Inclusion of People with Disabilities
The No. 1 Strategy for True Inclusion in the Workplace
· Define your chosen group in a 2- or 3-sentence introduction.
· Using the module’s reading and other resources, examine an equity or inclusion issue that your target group faces in the workplace. (1 page) Research Required.
· Provide best practices or recommendations for how organizations can address inequities or inclusion for the group. (1 page) Research Required.
No quotations are permitted in this paper. Each paragraph (except the introduction and conclusion) must contain at least one in-text
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to
reference the sources
in APA format.
NOTE: Failure to use research with accompanying citations to support content will result in reduced scoring “Level 2-Developing” on the grading rubric.
The paper should be written in third person; this means words like “I”, “we”, and “you” are not appropriate. Refer to yourself in third-person as “manager” or you can write about what the “project team” will do, rather than saying “I” and “we.”
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your submission will include:
· Trident University International’s cover page
· A paper with APA citations (2-3 sentence introduction, 2-page body, 2-3 sentence conclusion)
· The reference list page in APA format