Interview Interview Project/Paper
No late papers will be accepted for any reason.
For this project, you will interview two older adults (65 or older) who are within 5 years of each other’s age (both the same gender). One of the participants would classify him/herself as “sick” while the other participant would classify him/herself as “well”. This paper will “compare and contrast” the two individuals as well as comparing and contrasting their similarities and differences to what is documented in the scholarly/professional research literature.
· Summarize your interview with each older adult 10points
· ( Sample interview questions) (you can make up your own questions)
· Why do you consider yourself to be well/sick?
· If sick, what is diagnosis? How is that handled?
· What does your usual day consist of? (Basically ask about activities of daily living)
· What activities are easy/difficult?
· Can you easily bathe and dress?
· Do you have difficulty cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping?
· What are your social activities?
· Do you exercise? Do you have access to exercise?
· Do you have a strong support system such as family, friends, church?
· Do you take medications?
· Do you have trouble obtaining medications?
· Is your environment safe?
· Relate each of their stories to the physical aspects of aging that you have been learning about this semester. 10 points
· Discuss those changes in terms of lifestyle and personality vs. those that may be associated with disease processes. 20 points
· Finally, choose 2 similarities and 2 differences between your interviews and research (in the scholarly/professional literature, see page 3) these similarities and differences. Relate your interview findings to published research findings. 40 points
· 10 points for grammar and writing style
· 10 points for references and APA formatting
· This paper should be 15 pages in length.
· Papers must adhere to page limits set for the assignment. Papers will be marked down for being below the page minimum. Further, I will not read any text which is beyond the page maximum.
· You must use professional writing style with proper grammar and tense.
· APA formatting is required for this paper.
· Cite your references (peer-reviewed from the professional literature) in the body of your paper and in a references section at the end of your paper.
· See recommended reading on the first page of this syllabus for resources to help you with APA formatting and writing.