Assessment 3 Instructions: Health Care Professionals: Roles and Responsibilities
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
· Develop a 13 slide PowerPoint presentation discussing the roles and responsibilities of health care professionals.
The U.S. health care workforce comprises both clinical and nonclinical professionals. The field is very diverse with professionals coming from all over the world. Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, physical therapists, psychologists, chiropractors, and pharmacists are only a few of the many types of clinical professionals. On the nonclinical side, administrators, financial analysts, information analysts, billing specialists, and collection specialists are just a few types of nonclinical professionals. All of these individuals come from different backgrounds and must work together to ensure the best patient experience and highest quality care possible.
To ensure high quality care, health care professionals must be aware of, and comply with, laws designed to protect patients. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) has been one of the most far-reaching laws that has directly impacted not only health care professionals, but also patients (Niles, 2021). Most organizations have annual training requirements to ensure all employees are aware of the regulations as they relate to their specific job functions. Ethical issues such as treatment of the terminally ill, genetic testing, cloning, organ donation, and euthanasia are additional topics that further challenge health care professionals. As a health care administrator, you must understand the laws and ethical standards to which you are held.
Niles, N. J. (2021). Basics of the U.S. health care system (4th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
You have been in your physician office administrator role for the past six months. A local high school guidance counselor asked you to give a presentation on Career Day discussing the roles and responsibilities of health care professionals. Using the resources provided in this assessment plus at least three other peer-reviewed articles based on your own research, develop a PowerPoint presentation of 13 slides, complete with speaking notes.
In your presentation, address the following:
· Describe the need for health care management professionals.
· Describe three clinical job roles that did not exist 50 years ago.
· Discuss the differences and similarities between a nurse practitioner and a physician assistant.
· Describe the role of the attending physician in terms of their responsibility to manage the care of the patient.
· Explain how health care administrators interact with direct care professionals.
Please organize your presentation using the following outline:
· Slide 1: Title of the Presentation.
· Slide 2: Brief explanation of the purpose of the presentation.
· Slides 3–6: What Is a Health Care Professional and Why Do We Need Them?
8. Describe the need for health care management professionals.
8. Describe three clinical job roles that did not exist 50 years ago.
. Slides 6–8: Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
9. Describe each role.
9. Discuss the differences and similarities between a nurse practitioner and a physician assistant.
. Slides 9–10: Attending Physicians and Management of Care.
10. Describe the role of the attending physician in terms of their responsibility to manage the care of the patient.
. Slides 11–12: Administrators and Clinicians.
11. Describe the two roles.
11. Explain how health care administrators interact with direct care professionals.
. Slide 13: Conclusions.
Your presentation should consist of:
. Length: A minimum of 12–15 bulleted slides.
. Speaker notes: Use speaker notes that fully explain each slide.
. References: A minimum of three references; one may be the course textbook.
. Style: Appropriate APA citations and peer-reviewed references on each slide. Refer to Evidence and APA for guidance.
General Guidelines for PowerPoint
. Font: Arial or Verdana, size 24 point minimum.
. Concise slides: Include 5–7 bullet points per slide and 5–7 words per bullet. Use speaker notes to explicate the bullets.
. Color contrast: For best color contrast, use light text on dark background (for example, yellow on black or white on dark blue).
. Layout: Use the proper slide layout. For example, if a slide has a title and text, create it using the correct Title and Text layout.
Note: Please review the Health Care Professionals: Roles and Responsibilities Scoring Guide before you begin the assessment and consider reviewing the following resources to help as you create your presentation:
. For a tutorial on PowerPoint, visit Tutorials: Microsoft Office Software. Scroll down to In-Depth Tutorials, and click PowerPoint. Then locate the PowerPoint tutorial appropriate for your computer platform.
. Read Microsoft’s Basic Tasks for Creating a PowerPoint Presentation for helpful advice on working with PowerPoint.
. You can visit fppt.com to access Free Simple PowerPoint Templates.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
. Competency 3: Analyze roles and responsibilities of health care professionals.
24. Explain why health care administrators need to interact with other direct care professionals.
24. Describe three clinical job roles that did not exist 50 years ago.
24. Compare and contrast the roles of nurse practitioner and physician assistant.
24. Explain the attending physician’s responsibility to manage patient care.
. Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others.
25. Produce a presentation with minimal grammar, usage, spelling, and mechanical errors.
25. Apply proper APA formatting and citation style as required.
· SCORING GUIDE
Use the scoring guide to understand how your assessment will be evaluated.