DISCUSSION: The discussion requires 10 complete sentences with two examples to support your position. Your examples can be personal or from other stories. No citations are required.
LINK TO ARTICLE : ; https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11/05/texas-abortion-law-supreme-court/
1 The discussion assignments are your opportunity to fully answer the question with your position on an issue and support your position with two different examples.
2 Your post and two responses must each be written with a minimum of 10 complete sentences with two examples that support your position.
3 Your original post must answer the question with two examples and 10 complete sentences.
4 Your two responses will agree or disagree with two examples and 10 complete sentences per response.
The discussion requires 10 complete sentences with two examples to support your position. Your examples can be personal or from other stories. No citations are required.
Please note requirements and rubric for full credit:
Students are required to post at a minimum of 10 complete sentences that state their position and reasoning on the issue along with two examples that support that position and WHY.
The examples may be from another news source or from personal experience.
Link to Article: https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11/05/texas-abortion-law-supreme-court/
U.S. Supreme Court lets enforcement of Texas abortion law continue but allows legal challenges to proceed
Please read the grading rubric and complete the criteria and requirements in the syllabus.
Link to the article to read: https://www.texastribune.org/2021/11/05/texas-abortion-law-supreme-court/
The article is also attached as a PDF in case the link does not work.
Question to answer and discuss: Does the Texas law violate or not violate the state’s Constitution – give two examples to support your position.
Things to think about: “The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the legal challenge brought forward by abortion providers against Texas’ abortion restriction law may continue, bringing new life into the fight against the statute but also drawing the ire of abortion providers who criticized the ruling for not blocking the law outright. The court allowed the suit to continue on an 8-1 decision but did not stop the law’s enforcement. Instead, the suit will continue in a lower federal court, where abortion providers will resume seeking to block the law, commonly referred to as Senate Bill 8. Justice Clarence Thomas was the lone dissenting vote.
“The high court’s decision… was not on the law’s overall constitutionality, but rather on the procedural woes that plagued legal efforts to challenge it. During the arguments, six out of nine Supreme Court justices expressed concerns specifically over the way Texas enforces the law — and the way it could be used to limit other constitutional rights.”
Some background: “Roe v. Wade was a landmark legal decision issued on January 22, 1973, in which the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a Texas statute banning abortion, effectively legalizing the procedure across the United States. The court held that a woman’s right to an abortion was implicit in the right to privacy protected by the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.
OUTLINE RESEARCH PAPER: The discussion requires 10 complete sentences with two examples to support your position. Your examples can be personal or from other stories. No citations are required.
MLA NATIONAL or TEXAS PAPER – ISSUE, INTEREST GROUPS, POLITICAL PARTY, PUBLIC OPINION
MLA citations are required
1. This paper is a National or Texas-centered issue – you can choose in the federal class.
2. Select an issue that the National or Texas Democratic or Republican parties (depending if you choose a national or Texas issue) are divided on during the 2022 election cycle.Be specific for example – If you writing about a bill for example – you must identify the name of the actual bill.
4. MLA bibliography page is not part of the 500 words or three pages.
5. MLA citation must be included (in-text) at the end of each paragraph (not introduction or conclusion)
6. MLA bibliography page must be included.
7. MLA Headers for each paragraph – Name the header based on:
2. The name of the issue
3. Interest groups
5. Group or demographic that supports the party
7. Both the outline and the paper combine for the overall grade.
These are the six questions you must answer
1. What National or Texas issue are you writing about? (Be specific) – One sentence is enough for this answer.
2. What is the first interest group you have selected and what position do they hold on the issue? Include MLA citation of the interest group. One sentence is enough for this answer.
3. What is the second interest group you have selected and what opposing position do they hold on the issue? Include MLA citation of the interest group. One sentence is enough for this answer.
4. What political party have you selected and what is their position on the issue? Include MLA citation of the political party. One sentence is enough for this answer.
5. What groups of Texans typically support the party? One sentence is enough for this answer.
6. Summarize how important your issue is to this party? One sentence is enough for this answer.