Crimes and Criminals
- What are some of the variables involved in the prosecution of crimes in general?
- Why are white collar crimes handled differently? What are some of the arguments in favor of handling white collar criminals differently?
- Is it fair for white collar criminals to have the ability to hire “good” attorneys? How are economics a factor in how a criminal is prosecuted? Is this fair?
- How can this be changed? If recreational drug use is considered a “victimless” crime, why are those who violate those laws punished so severely?
- What seems to be the key determining factor as to why certain crimes are punished more harshly than others?