We have determined that change is inevitable and subject to a number of variables attributing to the success or failure of the change process. The Final Paper is an exploration of a change initiative that you have personally experienced or researched. The paper should demonstrate your knowledge of the change process through a comprehensive analysis and discussion of the following aspects of organizational change. Your paper must include:
· An identification and description of a professional change initiative personally experienced or researched.
· A discussion of the change initiative as seen through the eyes of the leader and the follower.
· A discussion of the successes and failures experienced during the change event.
· An analysis of the concepts and theories used to facilitate the change process.
· An evaluation of the impact of the change upon the organization.
· A discussion on the sustainability of the change effort.
You must incorporate concepts and theories relating to the change process as they apply to each section of the paper.
Palmer, I., Dunford, R., & Buchanan, D. (2022).
Managing organizational change: A multiple perspectives approach
. McGraw-Hill Education.
· Chapter 11: Sustaining Change versus Initiative Decay
Glaze, S. (2012, March 30).
How penguin leadership will change your team culture (Links to an external site.)
[Blog post]. Retrieved from http://michaelhyatt.com/how-penguin-leadership-will-change-your-team-culture.html
· This article provides interesting details on the development of leadership skills to enhance teamwork.
Kotter, J. P. (2012, November).
Accelerate! How the most innovative companies capitalize on today’s rapid-fire strategic challenges – and still make their numbers. (Links to an external site.)
Harvard Business Review, 90(11), 43-58. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost database.
· This article takes a critical look at strategic management and the impact on organizations. The content reviews the dynamic of stale versus aggressive change management strategies.
Lamm, E., Gordon, J. R., & Purser, R. E. (2010).
The role of value congruence in organizational change (Links to an external site.)
. Organization Development Journal, 28(2), 49-64. Retrieved from the ProQuest database.
· This article reviews the relationship between the personal value system and value system of the organization. The authors discuss the variables of the relationship during a time of organizational change.
Morukian, M. (2020, May 4).
Expansion: The missing link to sustainable diversity and inclusion (Links to an external site.)
. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/ellevate/2020/05/04/expansion-the-missing-link-to-sustainable-diversity-and-inclusion/?sh=38a3627f1985
· This article discusses how organizations can implement sustainable diversity and inclusion change initiatives.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
Coaching for Leaders. (Producer). (2013, July 28).
99: Succeeding through unexpected change
(Links to an external site.)
[Audio podcast]. Retrieved from http://coachingforleaders.com/podcast/succeeding-through-unexpected-change/
· This podcast provides a simple platform for leading the change manager through a time of unexpected events. Reminds the leader of core behaviors for success.