Click Here to do Heart Rate Lab.html
Hello and welcome to the Cardiology Lab
Follow the following steps to complete activities for this week’s lab.
1. Copy this link https://www.biointeractive.org/classroom-resources/cardiology-virtual-lab unto your browser
2. Click “Launch Interactive”.
3.Once you get into the lab, there are three patients, (Patients A, B & C) whose medical histories are presented to you. You are started with any of the three patients at a time.
4. Read all the instructions and follow all given prompts until you are done with the activity.
5. “Note”: The quizzes contained in the activity are to help you comprehend the activity. The only graded quiz is the Cardiology Post-Lab Quiz here on D2L
6. Once you are done, copy and paste this link https://www.skillstat.com/tools/ecg-simulator/ unto your browser
7. Once you copy and paste the link in “6.)” click “Learn” to view and listen to the following ECG wave forms:
a. “Sinus Rhythm”
b. “Sinus Bradycardia”
c. ” Sinus Tachycardia”
d. All the 2 degree AV blocks
e. “3 degree AV block”
f. “Sinus Arrest”.
- ” To test your knowledge you could also play the game”
8. Take the Cardiology Post-Lab Quiz
9. Get a sheet of paper and draw the heart showing the following structures:
a. Right and Left Atria
b. Right and Left Ventricles
c. Pulmonary Veins
d. Pulmonary Arteries
e. Atrio-ventricular Valves
f. Semi-lunar Valves
h. Pulmonary Trunk
i. Inferior Vena Cava
j. Superior Vena Cava
k. Papillary Muscle
l. Chordae Tendoneae
Underneath the drawn heart, in your own words, describe how de-oxygenated blood becomes oxygenated. Once you are done, take a picture and submit here Heart Anatomy