According to the American Psychological Association (n.d.) web page Personality (Links to an external site.), Personality refers to individual differences in characteristic patterns of thinking, feeli
According to the American Psychological Association (n.d.) web page Personality (Links to an external site.),
- Personality refers to individual differences in characteristic patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving. The study of personality focuses on two broad areas: One is understanding individual differences in particular personality characteristics, such as sociability or irritability. The other is understanding how the various parts of a person come together as a whole. (para. 1)
This first assignment is meant to provide a baseline of your thinking about personality that you can compare and contrast to the theories we will be studying. In this initial paper, address the following items:
- Explain your view of the impact of genetics and environment on the development of personality.
- Discuss how understanding personality theory can help you to be successful in your career.
- Describe the four tools used for assessing personality outlined in Section 1.5 of your text.
The paper must be four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style.
The Title page and Reference page are not included in the total page count.
Must use academic voice.
Must contain an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
Please use the following resources;
- Chapter 1.5 (See attached)
- Become Successful by Understanding Peoples Personalities (Lerner, 2013). https://www.forbes.com/sites/hannylerner/2013/03/05/understand-peoples-personalities-and-become-successful/?sh=78f943596701
- 3 Ways Knowing Your Personality Type Can Help You With Your Career (Stahl, 2017). https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleystahl/2017/04/30/3-ways-knowing-your-personality-type-can-help-you-with-your-career/?sh=7539dd903a33